Claims will be paid within 24 hours’ subject to the following:
- Completed funeral claim form
- Certified Copy of Death Certificate
- Certified Copy of Deceased’s ID Document
- Certified Copy of the Beneficiaries ID Document
- Copy of Notice of Death/Still Birth (BI 1663)
- Proof of Banking Details of the Beneficiary (Bank Statement, stamped by the bank)
- Proof of relationship to member either an affidavit or certified copy of marriage certificate
- Supporting Affidavit from a family member confirming the relationship between the beneficiary and the deceased (if applicable).
- ID Copy of the abovementioned family member.
Claim forms must be submitted at African Unity as follow:
Fax: 080 011 0885
PSSPF Assist (0861 638 222)
- Trauma, Assault and HIV Counselling – main member and family
- Emergency medical advice and assistance hotline
- Emergency medical response and transportation to the nearest appropriate medical facility
- Legal assist hotline available
Accidental Death Cover -for main member travelling on public transport (on their way to and from work) of R 120,000
Free Financial Education
- Free financial education will be made available to member to assist them to identify financial risks, improve their understanding of financial products and make informed financial choices.
Toll Free call centre (0800 110 885)
- A call centre will be available to members to assist with queries
- Travel discounts will be available to members of the Fund that book their travel through our travel partner JustGo. Member will have access to an electronic travel platform.