The funeral benefit is to help pay the funeral costs when a member dies. The funeral benefit is also payable for the death of a spouse, life partner or eligible child of a member.
In constantly improving the quality of life and benefits to members, the Private Security Sector Provident Fund Board of Trustees’ embarked on a market testing which resulted in a change of the funeral administrator to African Unity which offered better benefits at a reasonable cost. The appointment of African Unity is effective as from the 01 April 2020 with the following benefits:
Type of Member Covered Funeral Benefit
|Main Member||R42 000|
|Spouse (4)||R37 500|
|Child 14 to 21 (up to 29 if studying full-time)||R36 000|
|Child 6 to 13||R24 500|
|Child 1 to 5||R19 500|
|Children under 1 year (Including Stillborn)||R12 700|
PSSPF Assist (0861 638 222)
- Trauma, Assault and HIV Counselling – main member and family
- Emergency medical advice and assistance hotline
- Emergency medical response and transportation to the nearest appropriate medical facility
- Legal assist hotline available
Accidental Death Cover -for main member travelling on public transport (on their way to and from work) of R 120,000
Free Financial Education
- Free financial education will be made available to member to assist them to identify financial risks, improve their understanding of financial products and make informed financial choices.
Toll Free call centre (0800 110 885)
- A call centre will be available to members to assist with queries
- Travel discounts will be available to members of the Fund that book their travel through our travel partner JustGo. Member will have access to an electronic travel platform.
Family Funeral Plan